[DGD] Hopeful...

Jay Shaffstall jshaffst at netwalk.com
Wed Feb 19 21:08:03 CET 2003

>Basically, I have the DGD 1.2 engine for windows, but I m lacking a decent
>lib to use with it.  I m very familiar with the lib of MUDs such as
>VikingMUD and IcewindMUD, which is basically a heavily modified version of
>2.4.5.  They ve added ANSI color, channels, hooks & triggers, etc.  If
>anyone has a DGD compatible LPMUD lib out there for download that is
>comparable I would greatly appreciate it.

As others have said, your options are pretty limited at this point.  I am
working on a mudlib that sounds like it would fit your needs, but I'm about
six months away from a solid beta version (meaning all features present if
not working perfectly).

Also, it does not have many features that people seem to think are
necessary these days (e.g. classes, skill trees, realistic weather
patterns, etc).  It's a deliberate throwback to MUD1 days.

But, if that interests you, you can check out a web page
(http://www.netwalk.com/~jshaffst/es/) that describes the commands and such
available in the world we're creating using the mudlib.  The web page is
written for new players, but you'll be able to get an idea of what will be
available in the mudlib itself.

Jay