[DGD] Mutli-CPU Support?

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Sun Jan 19 01:07:23 CET 2003

"Kevin N. Carpenter" <kevinc at seaplace.org> wrote:

> How goes the multi-cpu support for DGD?

This year for sure, probably within 6 months, possibly within the next
few months, there will be an initial release of DGD/MP.

> One of these years I'd like to code up a mud that consisted of
> semi-independant domains, each of which could be relatively easily
> created.  Members would exist in a specific domain at any given time,
> but could move between domains.  Potentially, dozens if not hundreds of
> domains could exist.
>
>[...]
>
> Anyhow, it seemed to me that multi-cpu support would be a great step in
> that direction, especially if such support didn't use shared memory, so
> I thought I'd ask for an update on said support.

But it does use shared memory -- and in fact, the goal is to do away with
the necessity for multiple servers to run even a single large MUD (all of
the big commercial MUDs currently do this), so I'm afrain I am moving in
quite a different direction.

Though of course, it is quite possible to have your different domains all
on the same server.