[DGD] DGD & Simulations II

Joshua P. Dady jpd at indecisive.com
Wed Jan 29 16:42:21 CET 2003

muphicks wrote:
> I don't see how swapping in DGD would prevent this. When the
> NPC's are not in a room and that object is inactive it could be
> safely swapped out, since you are not using it.

My thinking is along these lines as well; DGD's swapping algorithm is
configurable beyond many people's interest in learning the the power of
its various options.  If your NPCs do tend to do something, sleep for a
while, and repeat, you should be able to keep your WSS low.  In many
cases, the algorithms used in the various objects can be refactored to
help the swapper, rather than fighting with it.

   -Josh