[DGD] DGD & Simulations

Dannic dannic at orpgs.com
Thu Jan 30 18:25:46 CET 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Stephen Schmidt wrote:

> On this subject, is there any reason not to use GIF or
> JPG
> graphics images (small ones) and send those over the
> binary
> port, instead of jiggering up ASCII screens with ANSI
> color?
>
> The obvious reason is that a text-only telnet client
> can't
> cope with them,

Some of the more advanced clients can handle images
with hyperlinking.  That's one of my future plans in my
mud is to use the mud protocol developed by Zuggsoft.
As long as you detect the client and identify it as
having the capability you can have the images embedded
into the telnet window of the client.

Ever Play an online game?  Like to RP?

Visit

Online Role Playing Games
http://www.orpgs.com

for your source of information about Online games.