[DGD] Skills

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Sun Mar 16 04:23:42 CET 2003

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, Felix A. Croes wrote:
> It sounds to me as if you are talking about two different things, skills
> and combat events generated from those skills.

In a reasonably large subset of the MUD world, the word "skills"
is used to refer to the combat actions rather than the player
attributes. (Actually, in most of that subset, the word "skills"
refers to both. That's confusing but that's how people do it.
Where the same word is not used for both, the player attributes
is "spells known" or something similar.) Since the subject is not
covered by the OED :) I'm willing to work with whatever set of
referants the particular questioner is used to using.

Steve