[DGD] Mapping size

Jay Shaffstall jshaffst at netwalk.com
Mon May 19 18:13:10 CEST 2003

>Maybe you aren't removing the pending scripts from the mapping?  Does it
>blow up immediately or only after about 10,000 scripts have been added?

I haven't had the problem happen again in the wild, but my instinct is that
it was actually reaching the 10,000 limit.  I found a bug where I was
keeping an empty array in the mapping for scripts which had
completed.  After fixing this, eventually I get up to around 4,500
entries.  However, most of those also don't need to be stored, so I'm
pretty sure I can get that number down to almost zero.  There shouldn't be
more than a dozen or so that need to be stored in the pending state.

Just a case of not realizing how many little scripts actually exist in the
mud (the builder's been going great guns!).

Jay