[DGD] yet another object manager question.. or two

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 9 20:48:06 CEST 2004

--- Michael McKiel <crashnbrn71 at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> [...] there was a
> fairly recent discussion of mapped arrays and using
>     ([ clone_num / 1024 : ({ objects }) )];
> Linked list vs array/array mapped/array seems to be more of a
> personal preference of which you prefer to deal with.
> Mapped Arrays to me is the cleanest/easiest approach to many
> things requiring data storage.

  My approach to this was to make a DGD object which I called a 'heavy
array' that does something similar.  So rather than having a hardcoded
array of LWOs for tracking data, I have a collection object I add the
LWOs to.  Never did anything really useful with it (never needed to,
didn't have that many objects), but it would be very easy to make it
implement mapped arrays, as you have here.

=====