[DGD] my dgd is VERY crashable

John Ruiz jruiz at johnruiz.com
Sun Feb 1 19:33:41 CET 2004

--[Dworkin]--
I'm sorry, but I have absolutely no idea how to do this (yet).  I'll take a
look at it sometime, but wrestling with Windows developing documentation is
not high on my list of priorities right now.

As I recall, others have had success by using some sort of service wrapper
program, which can be used to run <any> program as a service.

--[John Ruiz]--
That's both understandable and acceptable, but I do hope you'll keep it in
mind as an eventuality or possibility.  The ability to run and control DGD
as a service would make Windows a more feasible platform for true MUD
development, IMHO.

http://www.firedaemon.com is what you're referring to, I think.  I have
tried this and it does indeed work, but it is simply not as elegant a
solution; if I wanted to write my own GUI that wrapped and controlled the
service as well as added mud administration capability, I would have to
interface with firedaemon instead of an NT Service.

So, totally understandable that this is not high on your priority list - but
maybe one day in the future when you've got nothing better to do?  I just
won't hold my breath.  :)

-John