[DGD] Kernel LIB's Invisible Callouts

Michael McKiel crashnbrn71 at yahoo.ca
Sat Feb 28 15:31:08 CET 2004

Well I've plowed thru the kernel, got it running under the following
directory structure:
/home   /include   /k

and /k contains:
/data   /inherit   /object    /system

I was about to start in on bringing my rewritten security code from Melville,
and get then work towards moving the dirs in k/ up one more level to be in
with /home & /include, when I came across this in auto's status()...

    if (IS_KRNL(oname)) {
        /* can't see callouts in kernel objects */
        status[O_CALLOUTS] = ({ });

oh IS_KRNL is just a #define IS_KRNL(f)  sscanf(f, "/k/%*s") != 0

so I suppose I could put the modified kernel files into like:
/system/secure/, /inherit/secure/

and then consider non /home/ dirs that have /secure/ as 'kernel', but I had
been planning to use the /secure/ structure for kernel AND 'System' files.

Ok enough preamble I suppose heh. The question being, why can't callouts be
seen in kernel objects? ... Since if I want to mix kernel AND 'System' files
it would seem to me nonVisible callouts would pose problems.

Thanks.