[DGD] Recursion in recompile(), is this correct?

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 22:45:04 CET 2004

--- Robert Forshaw <iouswuoibev at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm beginning to wonder then why I was told that I
> need an object daemon
> keeping track of inheritance in order to have
> objects update properly.

  How do you think your query_inheritance_list
function works, exactly, if it doesn't require keeping
track of parents and children?

> [...] but it is also bad because it would mean
> deleting a chunk of my
> object daemon code that I just spent a couple of
> hours writing. *sigh*

  You *did* look at an example ObjectD or two before
you started, right?  Seriously, you *did* try to
figure out what the code was supposed to do *before*
you spent hours writing something, yeah?

  Am I just blowing this "read the docs" steam for my
health here?

  Well, okay, yes, probably I am, but I'll fume about
it anyway.

=====
------
noah_gibbs at yahoo.com