[DGD] List etiquette

Billie Kennedy dannic at orpgs.com
Mon Jan 12 23:23:45 CET 2004

Quoting "Felix A. Croes" <felix at dworkin.nl>:

> Noah Gibbs <noah_gibbs at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >   We could use a decent search engine index of the
> > mailing list.  But I'm not sure how to do that.  I'm
> > not really a web guy, I've just learned the basics in
> > order to maintain the Phantasmal site.
>
> The current mailing list is gracefully provided by George Reese,
> starting back when imaginary.com was the centre of all things LPC.
> It doesn't have a lot of extras.  It has been quite stable, which
> I like.  I would prefer to keep the mailing list at this site.
>
> However, the archives are available and can be downloaded.  A
> searchable index of past postings, perhaps with a monthly update,
> does not have to be created on the same site.  If someone wants
> to do this, I will provide a link from my web page and from the
> mailing list page.  Alternatively, if someone wants to create
> a Wiki page, I promise that I will upload at least the version
> diffs and a discussion of any new features I implement.
>
> Regards,
> Dworkin

I can look into that and see what it would take to extract the archives and
place them into a database for searching.  Not sure about wiki but I can
probably do a forum fairly easy with one of the existing forums.  A cron would
make it easy to update by just finding the latest and automatically updating
the database with pertinent info.

A WAP page could be made for it for those who want to use a pda to access but
that would be something extra.

I could take this on or work with someone on this if anyone else is
interested.  I do more web design than mud programming lately anyway.

--
Aka Dannic
Whoever thought Role Playing would be this much fun!