[DGD] Question about thread local storage

Steve Wooster swooster at xprt.net
Wed Mar 24 06:00:13 CET 2004

     I've been looking through the kernel lib to see how it implemented
TLS... I know it has to do with modifying the array of arguments for the
second call that call_trace() returns, and that the kernel lib always
ensures the second call has extra arguments sent to it, but I'm a bit
confused with how it does that. When it comes to functions in the driver
object such as Initialize() or Restore(), I see it passing the necessary
array, but at first glance, I'm having trouble figuring out how it
allocates the memory in threads started by call_outs. Anybody know? Thanks.
My apologies if this could have been easily found with more searching.

-Steve Wooster