[DGD] DGD Commercial Licensing?

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 21:06:54 CEST 2004

  If the old email on the topic is still applicable, you'll find that
licensing DGD directly from Dworkin will cost tens of thousands of
dollars yearly -- definitely out of hobbyist price range, though
reasonably modest for a medium-to-large business purchasing an
industrial-strength programming tool.

  You can do much, much better than that if you're willing to talk to
Skotos and either 1) work directly through them or 2) don't compete
with their business in any way.  If you go for #1, they have a royalty
scheme based on the amount of business that your game attracts to their
site, measured in the number of people playing your game and the amount
of time they do so.

=====