[DGD] Would the Net package kill binary connections?

John Ruiz jruiz at johnruiz.com
Thu Sep 30 05:35:16 CEST 2004

Hi All,

I'm running dgd-1.2p4 + net/ansi/comment on SuSE 9.1.  I'm building on
top of the net-patched kernel lib.

In my .dgd config file, I specify the telnet port as 6047 and the binary
port as 6048.  When I run the mud, 'netstat -na' shows a listening
server on 6047 (tcp), but nowhere can I find anything listening on 6048.

So, I downloaded and installed vanilla DGD.  Upon starting it up, there
is indeed both 6047 and 6048.  Neither ANSI nor Comment patches are
going to kill connection stuff, so it has to be the network patch.

Does anyone have any idea what the network patch is doing to kill binary
connections?  And if so, what can I do about it?

Thanks,
John Ruiz