[DGD] DGD/MP 1.0

Matt Holmes matthew at wildfiregames.com
Mon Apr 18 01:25:01 CEST 2005

Felix A. Croes wrote:

>Matt Holmes <matthew at wildfiregames.com> wrote:
>

>>[...]
>>The scale does matter. I love how all of you assumed I don't know
>>anything about large multi-tiered servers. Hint, I write multi-million
>>dollar credit card process software for a living.
>>

>I don't doubt your knowledge of multi-processor and clustered software,
>but nevertheless you made some unfortunate and incorrect assumptions
>about DGD/MP, and by implication about its author.  I would ask that
>you treat others the way you yourself wish to be treated.
>
>Whether or not DGD/MP can live up to the standard set Blizzard's
>server programmers will certainly become clear before too long.
>
>Regards,
>Dworkin

My apologies if you thought any of that was aimed at you, it wasn't. I
am a huge fan of DGD, so if it sounded like I was attacking you or it, I
do apologize. Anything I said in that last e-mail was squarley aimed at
the author I was replying to at the time. I used bad wording in that
first statement.

I don't neccescarily agree with all your views on the subject, but I do
respect them, I definitley respect DGD.

Matt