[DGD] DGD http daemon?

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Tue Feb 8 21:54:01 CET 2005

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Bart van Leeuwen wrote:
> Keep in mind that for most games the same problems will apply as
> for communications. Specifically, how to send something to a client
> without the client doing a http request to get it. If you solve that, then
> you will not need telnet for communications either.

Yah. For simple hack-and-slay, communications (including combat
messages as part of communications) is generally the only
thing that originates within the mud. Other things are
initiated by a player command, and as long as they don't
take effect with a delay, then the command will generate
the http request to get the mud to react.

I have a vision of a web page with frames, one frame running
a telnet interface which handles the communications. How
feasible that is I don't know. But all the web-based chat
programs manage it so it can't be too grim.

Steve