[DGD] DGD Wiki

will guaraldi willg at bluesock.org
Thu Jan 13 17:58:01 CET 2005

Mmm...  It's a moinmoin wiki.  I actually did just as you described to a
moinmoin wiki I have that had been spammed.  Well, it was spammed and I
wanted to upgrade to the latest version of MoinMoin which allegedly has
anti-spamming measures (though I don't really know exactly what they mean
by that or how they work).

Anyhow, I upgraded moinmoin, updated all the wiki data (which took a
bit--you have to run a dozen shell scripts that do all kinds of
interesting stuff), created a new wiki, moved the good contents of the old
wiki into the new wiki, and that's where I'm at right now.

The other thing I did was go through and remove all the "non-english"
pages.  That reduces the size of the wiki storage-wise and also reduces
the number of potentially spamable pages.

/will