[DGD] DGD Wiki

Daniel Sloan daniel at danielsloan.org
Thu Jan 13 21:23:02 CET 2005

Haven't got much experience with stuff like moinmoin, but I have set up
a few other types of wikis, including one for the mudlib I've been
working on (very slowly, albeit), and one for the mud I used to be a
major part of.  I used tikiwiki for both of those systems, and in both
cases it took no more than half an hour to set up the wiki and a day or
so to transfer the static content into wiki pages.  You can find them at
http://www.ainu.dhs.org and http://macrocosm.sf.net

As for authentication, with something like tikiwiki for example you
could have the system set up so that you have regular reader accounts,
and publisher accounts - the publisher accounts would be able to publish
content submitted by themselves or readers, and probably grant
publishing rights to other reader accounts as well. Or as you say, just
require email verification which will work in most cases...

There might be better choices than tikiwiki given that it doesn't really
need to do anything other than a wiki - tikiwiki has heaps of other
features as well though, which could be useful.

Of course if that approach was going to be taken someone would have to
host it...
- Dworkin.nl? (Would make sense I guess, if its convenient)
- I could host it on danielsloan.org (500 Mb space, 10Gb bandwidth per
month, wiki software already set up)
- Sourceforge (ugh, slow!)
- Someone else with a better suggestion?

Cheers,
Daniel.