[DGD] I am new to dgd a few comments and a question or two.

Jessica and Zippy jessandzip at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 19 17:01:01 CEST 2005

First. I like dgd if I can ever do anything with it LOL
Still getting it all setup seeing which libs work with it and which I like and which I don't like.
Or maybe I should say which I prefer.
I am currently using the latest experimental version of dgd just because I like to live on the edge in some things I guess.
However I think I sacrified my access to the melville lib by doing so.
I was wondering if anyone else is using this version 1.2.110 with melville?
If so how did you get it to work.
I have a feeling I am going to have the same problem with the 2.4.5 lib as well.
Anyway my comments. Very good software.
I hope to learn it and I hope to create a mud with it.
Sorry but diku style muds just do not fit my desire.
Oh I also tried working with the real MudOS from www.mudos.org but couldn't get it to behave properly.
Besides it looks like mudos is just about dead anyway as far as activity goes. Or very low activity at the very least.
I tried ldmud too and it was ok too but somehow it lacked something as well.
I am not saying any of the above are bad. They just aren't for me.
DGD appears to be for me except that right now I am libraryless :-)
One last thing from the pkg directory site there is a network patch for dgd. Can I safely apply that to dgd 1.2.110 without getting a ton of errors or problems?
I may like to live on the edge of some software. But networking is a thing I still have a hard time understanding.
The only reason I want to apply the patch is to try to get intermud support working with dgd.
Just because I think it would be neat to see how that might work.
Other than that I probably wouldn't need it anyway.
I am long winded in talk so my apologies. Most likely unless I run into something really that I cannot understand I will probably just quietly read the messages from the list.
However if these questions could be answered I would be very much appreciative.
Jessica