[DGD] Minor problem with "Melville" MUDLib

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Wed Apr 12 21:45:01 CEST 2006

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Daniel Bentley wrote:
> Anytime I try to <ed file.c> DGD closes. It doesn't output anything to the
> log file other than "DGD has crashed" which is part of Melville's logging,
> not DGD's logging. The edit functions work find for mail, and for the
> bulletin board, it only does this when editing files.
> Anyone know what might be going on, or where I need to focus my bug hunt?

I know what's going on, which is that Melville hasn't been
updated in quite a few years, and almost surely has some
incompatibilities with current drivers. (I'm not sure how
current 1.2.114 is, but I'm sure it's much more current than
the last Melville distribution.) My guess is that Melville
is invoking a driver call of some kind using an out-of-date
style, and you need to update your lib to match the driver
you're using. More than that, I don't really know.

Steve