[DGD] Another "Melville" problem, or possibly DGD

Dan Bentley diskmaster at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 13 06:52:01 CEST 2006

Thanks to the quick responses here, I was able to fix my editor problem in
Melville, however, I'm now running into a deeper problem that appears to be
more related to DGD itself

Inherited variables on objects don't appear to be saving when the
save_object() function is called. In particular (and I've seen mention of
this before with no resolution) the <string gender> from the inherited
creation.c is not saving to the player's dat file

I am running DGD 1.2.115 and Melville 0.9.1

Yes, I know Melville is no longer being developed, but I personally find
Phantasmal's structure to be dismal when you have multiple wizards working
on the same portion of the MUD. I like Melville as a base because it's very
easy to add new commands, objects, and rooms without getting in each other's
way. It's very similar to TMI-2, which is the type of system I'm going for.

Thanks!
--Dan B.