[DGD] Commercial question

Josh Dady jpd at indecisive.com
Fri Mar 31 17:44:02 CEST 2006

On Mar 30, 2006, at 3:00 PM, Shentino wrote:

> This is my best guess as to what you mean by "income", but you should
> probably confer with a US lawyer, or read a US dictionary, or maybe
> both.

Skip the dictionary.  Legalese isn't intended to coincide with the
generally accepted meanings of the various words used, any more than
it is designed to be easily understood by people without legal training.
If you want everyone to understand your document, hire a tech writer;
your attorney tries to write documents that will be deemed
unambiguous in a legal setting.

--
Joshua P. Dady
http://www.indecisive.com/