[DGD] Commercial question

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Mon May 15 19:21:01 CEST 2006

I really hope you are allowed to accept donations to defray costs.
And I would like the license fee to be nominal (as in no greater than
10.00 USD or so).

I don't know about the rest of the budding mudding community, but from
my point of view, even a $100 fee isn't chicken feed.  I make the poor
folks look rich. :P

As I said before, I'd like to just open up a mud to the public, accept
willing donations and say to hell with the financial mumbo jumbo.  I
don't really give a hoot about profits.  If Dworkin (or Skotos?) were
to make that happen I'd be very happy.  Compliance audits I can live
with.  I'd even go so far as to refuse donations if I either have
enough money to run it without them or if people are being too
generous.

Maybe I'm gullible, but I'm not terribly worried about people getting
profit "under the table", so to speak.  Philosophical issues aside,
that's not just illegal, it's a crime.  To be specific, it can count
as larceny (stealing), tax evasion, and criminal copyright
infringement, all three of which have either state or federal law
enforcement on the lookout.  I can't speak for all mudders, but I
don't want to join anyone behind bars.