[DGD] Changing connect() (network package)

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Mon Dec 10 23:34:09 CET 2007

Shentino <shentino at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm actually been thinking of making a new version of the network
> package that plays nicer by using the extension interface, and that
> won't interfere with the "legacy" behavior of vanilla DGD.
>
> Haven't a clue how to do it, but using an interface specifically
> designed for such extensions methinks cross-version compatibility will
> be better. :/

You can't.

The extension interface is only for kfuns that call no DGD code, other
than error() and simple datatype manipulation functions.

Furthermore, I really don't see how it could be improved to support
something like the networking package -- the underlying code for
network communications in DGD and DGD/MP is completely different.