[DGD] Changing connect() (network package)

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 23:48:40 CET 2007

> You can't.
>
> The extension interface is only for kfuns that call no DGD code, other
> than error() and simple datatype manipulation functions.
>
> Furthermore, I really don't see how it could be improved to support
> something like the networking package -- the underlying code for
> network communications in DGD and DGD/MP is completely different.
>
> Regards,
> Dworkin

Developing an asynchronous model would probably be mere coding.

If you would implement a way to call LPC asynchronously from C, that
would probably help.

Anyway, I should clarify that I'm not looking to IMPROVE the net
package, I'm looking to REPLACE it with something BRAND NEW.

My version of networking would stay COMPLETELY out of the way of DGD's
normal activities.  I'd have my own special objects for connections
and ports, and they'd play nicely with the rest of DGD simply by
staying the hell out of the way.

Unless of course DGD has a monopoly on the OS's networking functionality...