[DGD] Reasonable Tick Counts?

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 7 19:43:43 CEST 2007

  Oh -- I should probably also say that there are much better and much worse
ways to code this kind of thing in DGD.  For instance, are you using
parse_string() to parse the escape sequences?  It's almost certainly the best
way to do it, and a character-by-character parser could conceivably be
inefficient enough to require 10k ticks on fairly modest inputs.