[DGD] Some DGD LPC Questions

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 23 23:06:25 CEST 2007

--- Kurt Nordstrom <kurt at blar.net> wrote:
> - First question: What's the easiest way to tell if a function was called
> from within the same object that it exists in?  That is, making sure that
> the function was not called by call_other()?

  Actually, you can call_other() back to yourself.  So those aren't quite the
same thing.

> - Next question: For outputting tablular results (e.g., a 'who' list), is
> there a good way to produce variable length "padding strings" in an
> efficient manner?

  I like the Kernel Library method of making long strings of spaces, adding
them to the end of your string, and then indexing the string from 0 to
(numChars - 1).  If you need more efficient than that, you probably should
consider not doing it in LPC.  Then again, how many times per second are you
talking about doing it?