[DGD] callout bug

bart at wotf.org bart at wotf.org
Tue Jul 1 21:07:50 CEST 2008

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 20:33:28 +0200, Felix A. Croes wrote
> bart at wotf.org wrote:
>
> > Slightly off-topic but..
> >
> > Sadly enough, in this world of spam filters, backscatter spam and the like,
> > and email being handled by mass consumer oriented ISPs in most cases, people
> > often either don't get a DSN at all, or get a severely mangled one. Counting
> > on text in a DSN to arrive will not work in quite a few cases.
>
> All true, but in the world of spam filters etc., email no longer is
> a reliable communication medium in any case.

Fun thing is.. I don't see any spam either, whereas not having a problem
getting the email that I want to get, but since email hosting is something I
happen to make money with, I can also afford putting in the efford (even if it
is just a learning experience in case of my private mail).. Anyway, thats an
entirely different discussion :)

> I like the amount of spam
> I get to read -- none -- and my evilly-chuckling response to the poor
> downtrodden masses who, for one reason or another, never manage to
> get an email through is "tough."

Ah, got you! You big big meanie!!

:)

--