[DGD] callout behavior

chris . psych_mayo at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 16 04:57:00 CEST 2008

Callouts are behaving unexpectedly, and in a way i have not seen documented.

My login timeout callout calls a logout function; the logout function messages the
player about his disconnection, and than does set_mode(0).

When i use small callouts, like <60 seconds, it messages the player and disconnects
as expected.

When i try to set the callout to 4 minutes, it will not send the notify message until another
set of input is sent from the client.  Than the notify message appears, followed by
a response for the input sent, and than the set_mode(0) cuts the line.  The 'response for
the input sent' is where im confused.  Or rather, why do large callouts wait for input from me
before they are accounted for.  I can work around this, but i feel as though im missing out on
the bigger picture regarding callout behavior.  Thanks.
chris