[DGD] map maker in lpc

chris . psych_mayo at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 23 06:01:34 CEST 2008

im going to start a source forge project on this map maker. Ill be ambitious with
this map maker, and it will be a monster. I have some first thoughts on it which i
will share with you now, so that we can all have a share in the initial direction of
this project.
I would like a map maker that can make not just terrains, but buildings, with
common household objects inside (think morrowind), and tangible 'platforms'
which can be sat upon, stood upon, and would have a mapping of other
commands too.  And you could also build forests, and abandoned lots, and there
would be more frameworks that would provide the know how for coders to build
to their imaginations content.  I would want this map builder to build things in a
unique, realistic, and especially non-repetitious way.  I am thinking of a complex
program with a lot of parameters, and it may be a nightmare like sprintf code in
lpc can be, but i feel it can be clever with organizization and proper OLC, and will
help make a name for ourselves.  Between us, i have sensed possible arrogance
at times from some members of the community, however i only wish to shine light
that i am not an idiot, but am merely a father of 3 children and always in a rush and
not always timely to articulate my thoughts like i wish i might.
If we worked on this together i think it will help get them on board, id like to see the
whole community contribute to one project instead of everyone fighting for their own
projects to reign.  Im crazy with ideas and i know you may think im crazy but i am
mad with ideas and i cannot help myself.  For now i would like to stress my
commitment to writing a killer map maker program.  I am to begin making a
sourceforge on it now.  I will use the name dgd/lpc map maker.  You will find an empty
slate there where we can begin drafting thoughts.  I will on my initiative write a vision
of the code structure for this program, and you will be able to call me on where my
ideas can be better, and you will be able to add ideas of your own from there.   But
if you have any words and thoughts to say, from what i have said so far, than please
say them now so i have your input before i write this vision.
Thanks all
chris