[DGD] obtaining object in extension system

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Thu Nov 17 12:22:28 CET 2011

RobF <squaretriangle at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>[...]
> I had an sprintf extension working in 2008 in the old DGD extension
> system, but the transition to the new extension package has had a few
> bumps.  I'm resoundly stuck on the issue of obtaining object from a
> value.  There's no equivilent of DGD_ARRAY_GETVAL, i.e. no
> lpc_array_getval.  There is no function in lpc_ext.h that returns an
> LPC_object except for LPC_frame_object.
>
> Is this an oversight of mine or an ommission of the dev?

For reference, the URL of the lpc_ext.h file is:

    http://lpc-ext.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=lpc-ext/lpc-ext;a=blob;f=src/lpc_ext.h;hb=HEAD

As you can see, lpc_array_getval() is in there.  In the extension
system offered by DGD in 2008, there was no way to get an object from
a value, either.

Regards,
Felix Croes