[DGD] DGD good choice for MUD with large-scale city simulation?

bart at wotf.org bart at wotf.org
Mon Dec 10 21:53:32 CET 2018

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 14:22:57 -0600, nikoroleva wrote
> bart at wotf.org wrote:
>

> > A long time ago I was looking at creating a releasable version, but I keep
> > getting caught up in rough ends, stubs that 'really' should at least get
> > some
> > rudimentary implementation, and lack of time due to a very busy job.
> >

> You could release it anyway, maybe even find helpers. I'm not pressuring
> you to do something you don't want, the state really doesn't matter
> in case it is something you want to do.

Well, its something I'd like to do eventually, but in its current state, nope.
My experience in the past with such things is also that such releases will
still eat a lot of my time due to people looking at it and having all kinds of
questions. I could ignore those, but that way help won't come, and actually,
saying I could ignore those is nice in theory, but not how this works for me,
and probably not for most people who somewhat care about the things they make :-)

I still aim at getting to something more releasable, for the last year or so
I've not added new stuff, just been fixing things, removing rough edges, and
well, trying to get rid of some stuff that seemed nice at some point but
turned out to be not so nice afterall, yet got embedded way too deeply.

Bart

https://www.bartsplace.net/
https://wotf.org/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mrobjective/