[MUD-Dev] Guilds & Politics [was Affecting the World]

Fri Dec 19 21:43:10 CET 1997

"Jon A. Lambert" <jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>I would tend to agree with Matt.  If you use the "invitation to my mud" as
>"invitation to my house" analogy, the player jerk is very easily
>identifiable from the character jerk.  As your house gets larger and you

The problem is that I don't accept the analogy.  I expect people to
not throw my furniture around the house.  However, they should (in my
opinion) be allowed to do so on a mud from an admin POV.  Actually
this personal relationship between players and the HOST, is something
I really dislike.  I view this as a better approach: the mud is the
home of the users, the admin is the (invisible!) janitor who keeps the
machinery running.

Ola.