[MUD-Dev] Neighborhood watch

Tue Jul 1 10:54:14 CEST 1997

[Nathan:]

[reasons for writing his MUD native rather than on top of a generic server]

OK, thanks. Makes sense to me.

One implied point seems to be that your goal is to write your MUD system,
rather than to write something that supports your MUD system and others.
For me, the implied goal was a bit different - I wanted to write a system
for writing MUDs, and then write a MUD using it. I've always been a tool
maker for games for some reason - I guess I've always imagined lots of
other people jumping in and writing good games for *me* to play. Of the
roughly half-dozen such systems I've done, only one, an adventure game
system on the univerity's old mainframe, ever really got used that way.

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA