[MUD-Dev] Git out the boar spear, Martha!

Tue Jul 1 10:58:46 CEST 1997

[Chris L:]

:  eg  Bubba hunter sees an antelope.  Bubba starts jogging toward the
:antelope.  He approaches the antelope.  The antelope startles, jumps,
:and runs away like the clappers.  Bubba keeps trotting after the
:antelope.  He approaches the antelope.  The beast startles, jumps, and
:runs away like the clappers.  Bubba continues jogging after it.  It
:doesn't take all that long at all before you have one compleatly
:winded antelope (if not actually dead from strain -- it happens not
:infrequently) that Bubba can just walk on up to and hit over the head
:with a nearby rock while it struggles to breathe.
:
:Several "primitive" tribes continue to hunt this way to this day.

Hmm. That may work with a number of prey species, but it clearly isn't
going to work with trying to hunt a horse! Probably not a buffalo either.
I was going to suggest that it wouldn't work with anything that massed
much more than a human, but I seem to recall that it works not bad for
elephants and giraffes. Interesting.

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA