[MUD-Dev] Stories?

Matt Chatterley root at mpc.dyn.ml.org
Sun Jul 27 22:32:30 CEST 1997

On Sun, 27 Jul 1997, Jeff Kesselman wrote:

> >Hello everybody,
> >
> >I'm looking for my homepage for (famous) stories/series that have been used
> >to base a mud on. Preferably muds or mushes with a certain amount of role-
> >playing.
> >So far I have a page dedicated to Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonriders of Pern'
> >series and Robert Jordan's 'Wheel of Time' series. And a page about
> >'The Lord of the Rings' is in the making. I don't doubt that there
> >are many more series about worlds that inspired somebody into creating a
> >game set in that world. A (partial) list of muds based on a particular
> >novel or world would be welcome too.
> >
> >Marian
>
> Hmm.. does Pheonix Armada, which i a straight rip-off of Battlestar
> Galatica, count?

That reminds me, there is/was a Battlestar Galactica mush, as well.
Actually, from the feedback on this list and the ideas bouncing around,
original themes seem a lot more popular among this community.. those of
you who are using other peoples work as a basis (are there any?), why did
you choose to do so?

Regards,
	-Matt Chatterley
	http://user.itl.net/~neddy/index.html
"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's
	mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." -George Orwell