mention from Mud-Dev

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Tue Jun 10 10:13:19 CEST 1997

In <199706030802.WAA15150 at mail.pixi.com>, on 06/02/97
   at 10:08 PM, "Huibai" <ashen at pixi.com> said:

>you mentioned "regimental chess" on one of the posts.
>what is that, if i might ask?  sounds interesting...

<<As a couple of you have now asked me about this, I'm crossing the
answer to the list.>>

Regimental chess is damned near the only chess variation I've found
that is both *really* playable, and sustains its playbility over time.
All the other variations I've played with to date have lost their
appeal after a short while.

ObNote: I'm not much of a chess player and I usually don't like chess
that much.

Regimental Chess:  http://members.aol.com/regichess/chespgs1.htm

Strongly recommend walking thru the various demo games and following
the moves, as well thinking of what you'd do in that case.
Fascinating stuff.

ObOnTopic: I'd love to see a Regimental Chess simulation in a MUD.

J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com