[MUD-Dev] Life

Ling K.L.Lo-94 at student.lut.ac.uk
Tue Jun 10 16:54:48 CEST 1997

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997 clawrenc at cup.hp.com wrote:

> In <3.0.32.19970604224246.00a0e508 at mail.tenetwork.com>, on 06/05/97
>    at 08:13 AM, Jeff Kesselman <jeffk at tenetwork.com> said:
>
> >At 08:30 PM 6/4/97 PST8PDT, jc lawrence wrote:
>
> >>Nope.  You could also profitably observe that they were all in
> >>England, a country whose culture and educational base is significantly
> >>different to the US'.
>
> >lol!  I didn't know this.
>
> >IMo the Briittish are a FAR more civilized culture then us in almost
> >every way.  if the majority of the players were brittish I think that
> >definately had somethign to do with how they played.
>
> Yup.  I figured it you hadn't mentioned by the end of the thread I
> could safely spring it on you as a surprise.  The fact that main
> public was English with minor components from the rest of Europe made
> a *lot* of difference.

And I get Americans asking me why I like staying in a country without the
Shopping Channel.  The majority of brit mudders tend to be students aged
around 19-23 and couldn't care less about their degree (eg: me).  Cheap
internet access has been pretty slow going over here.  Germany seems to
have a vast student mudding population too...

So... we're civilised?  Hrm, <http://www.loaded.com> should amuse you.

  |    Ling
_O_O_  Freshwater fish since 1976