[MUD-Dev] Types of game

Marian Griffith gryphon at iaehv.nl
Sat Oct 4 22:32:05 CEST 1997

On Sat 20 Sep, Koster, Raph wrote:

> I'd also go against the notion that a roleplaying game must encourage
> positive social behavior. Groups with strong ties can form to engage
> in anti-social activity (very common), and one may engage in
> make-believe and roleplay quite satisfactorily without building social
> ties (fairly uncommon).

The problem with anti-social behaviour of groups is that it is disrup-
tive of the gameplay for others, and as such frowned upon. Make belief
is hard to maintain if some people are stepping out of that world. So,
while you are right in theory,  in reality such behaviour is generally
short lived.

Marian
will there be loneliness ...

Rolan Choosing Talia,