(fwd) New MUD software wanted?

coder at ibm.net coder at ibm.net
Fri Oct 10 22:16:40 CEST 1997

This one looks interesting:

From: Gabo <gaminer at undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
Newsgroups: rec.games.mud.admin
Subject: New MUD software wanted?
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 16:00:50 -0400

I've been working away at a new mud server architecture for a while now,
more as an acedemic exercise than anything else. I wanted to see how well
a multi-threaded, event driven system would work.

Well, it works I guess. And now that the kernal is complete and the chore
of implementing the database is facing me, I'm losing interest.

You see, I seriously doubt that anyone would use the server package if I
finished it, even though it's a far cry better than the majority of MUD
server packages out there (and I grubbed through the source to quite a few
of them). New muds are cropping up less frequently, and there is little
chance of any established mud switching software. Hence the demand for the
completion of my work is, well, absent.

Now I could be wrong, and that's why I'm posting. If you want to have a
look at what I've done thus far, you can check out:

http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~gaminer/nexus.html

If you think that it has promise and that you'd want to use it if I ever
finished it, I'd be happy to hear about it. Otherwise, more interesting
projects my just steal my attention and nexus will drift into oblivion.

Peace

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
----------(*)                              Internet: coder at ibm.net