META: File attachments as list postings.

coder at ibm.net coder at ibm.net
Sat Oct 11 13:52:10 CEST 1997

Writing as list owner:

  In general I'd prefer not to have attachments on the list.  In
particular they don't do too well when shoved into digests or into the
monthly archives.

  This is not a blanket rule, as there are suitable applications for
attachments to the list -- I recall in particular a small GIF of a
technical diagram which one member posted to help illuminate a data
structure point.  My basic idea is that I'd like to keep the body of the
signal to flat text, with any attachments merely being supporting data to
the main signal (such as the diagram just mentioned).

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
----------(*)                              Internet: coder at ibm.net