[MUD-Dev] Re: Mud-Client, and specifically, COOLMud and SFWhite

Jay Sax cimri1 at gte.net
Wed Apr 29 18:41:31 CEST 1998

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998 17:08:12 -0700, J C Lawrence wrote:

>In addition to looking at the Crossfire client (which I really need to
>do), I'd also strongly recommend looking at Stephen White's Java
>MUD/client system:
>
>  <URL:http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~sfwhite/VNet.html>
>
>Stephen White is of course the original programmer of MOO (before
>LambdaMOO), and author of COOLMud, which is quite possibly the most
>utterly elegant MUD server out there.
>
>--
>J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
>(Contractor)                               Internet: coder at ibm.net
>---------(*)                     Internet: claw at under.engr.sgi.com
>...Honourary Member of Clan McFud -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...
>
>--
>MUD-Dev: Advancing an unrealised future.

How about a few more words on COOLMud?  What I've seen on SFWhite's
site is several years old now ('94 date as I recall), including the
COOLMud server, etc.  His page at the school says there is no active
COOLMud mud out there, and when I wrote to ask him what's up several
weeks ago I never received a reply.

Just curious -- what's up with that?

   Jay Sax                             cimri at technologist.com
+- Partner, Alternate Reality Net -----------------------------------+

--
MUD-Dev: Advancing an unrealised future.