[MUD-Dev] Re: MUD Design doc (long)

Benjamin D. Wiechel strycher at toast.net
Fri Dec 18 16:41:22 CET 1998

Going back to my original point, this may end up being
codebase specific for the reasoning that we all have our
own opinions of the "right" way to do things, and this is
why so many different codebases have sprung up.  There
is no one right answer of how to build a mud.  That is what
this list is about for me, coming up with newer, more
interesting ways to build a better mud.

IIRC, one of JCL's responses to this thread pointed out
that getting programmers to document in the code, much
less to write actual external documentation, and then to
also convince them to keep it updated, is quite a
daunting task.  It may be an impossible one.

I certainly think some documentation could be put together,
but I'm not sure what, and I still believe it will end up being
codebase specific.  If I can assist, please contact me
off-list.

Strycher....
--
Benjamin D. Wiechel