[MUD-Dev] Re: (fwd) Re: command parsers: a modest proposal (with apologies to J. Swift)

Ross Nicoll rnicoll at calmar-mud.com
Wed Jul 8 17:37:22 CEST 1998

>        If I were to rewrite the parser for a new MUD, though, I think I'd
>take plural forms into account, ie. DROP ROCK drops one, DROP ROCKS drops
>them all. There would have to be some minor messing about for cases like
>DROP EVERYTHING, but nothing intractable.
Fine, until someone wants to drop more than one mouse (well, would you want
to be wandering around with a load of mice? :) ).

You could have fun with gloves, too; unless you have right glove and left
glove objects, you're likely to have a "pair of gloves" object.

There's also the possibility of a plural that has an extra "es" instead of
just "s" on the end, but I can't think of an word to use as an example.

>        Not as surprised as the players who type KILL RAT when there are
>18 of them in the room...
*grin* pass me the minigun :)

  _   __  __  __         Ross "Xugumad" Nicoll