[MUD-Dev] Re: An Introduction

Ross Nicoll rnicoll at calmar-mud.com
Thu Jul 9 18:14:38 CEST 1998

> >The other really serious problem I have with it is it is quite difficult
> >to change code once it's in the system, and that you really need to
> >keep an external copy of all the text needed to set up the DB, which
> >takes a while for the server to take in once you get to anything
> >really usable.
>Yep. Not sure if there is anything that can be done about that. Once
>a structure has been set up in code, it is a lot of work to try to
>change it on the fly. Starting with the source again is usually easier.
*nods* I suppose the bigger problem I have is trying to get my thoughts
together enough to type exactly what I want, correctly.

It just does seem to often end up with a lot of a mess if you try to add
anything after compiling the database! Maybe I just need to get a faster
computer :)

(my PPC board is in the post...)

  _   __  __  __         Ross "Xugumad" Nicoll