[MUD-Dev] Re: Physics Lesson

Mike Sellers mike at bignetwork.com
Sat Jul 11 15:34:05 CEST 1998

At 03:02 PM 7/11/98 -0700, John Bertoglio wrote:
>From the Inferno Mud website help file:
>
>"Example: A bow may not be used at rank 1 or 2. The bow user cannot
>effectively knock an arrow and aim his bow if he is being attacked at close
>range, combined with the fact that arrows need several yards to gain
>velocity before they can do real damage."
>
>I am interested in arrows which continue to gain energy after they loose
>contact with the bow string. This may have an application in the creation
>of working perpetual motion device. More evidence of the role of muds
>advancing the state-of-the-art in science.

Yep, that's a good one.  Unless maybe they're using the patented Gnomish
Rocket Assisted Arrows that don't ignite until after they've left the bow?
(Version 1.0 of these, as you'll recall, lit up when nocked, thus causing
all sorts of problems. :-) ) =20

Maybe we need a MUD version of the old "Murphy's Rules" in the Space Gamer.
 Remember how children were considered "nuisance monsters" in Runequest and
that you couldn't commit suicide with a pistol in Car Wars because they
only did 2 pts of damage and your character had 3?  Ah, those were the days.

--

Mike Sellers=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Chief Creative Officer=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 The=
 Big Network

             =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Fun=A0=A0 Is=A0=A0 Good =20