[MUD-Dev] Re: My "mud" server, A.T.O.M. and the coming design notes

Sat Jul 11 15:38:21 CEST 1998

[Mike L Kesl:]

 >I am aiming for a heavily
 >simulated real world, roleplaying, smart npc's, pkilling (because it's
 >real) and stuff like that. I aim to have the world totally separate from
 >the server code and on the same hand the code is going to be genre-less
 >(by supporting abstract object types simulating stuff from both future
 >type genre's and fantasy type genre's, sometimes as the same object type).
 >I also plan to have an advanced and fun way for people to build the world,
 >and script the objects.

You are of course aware that accomplishing this will require that you
don't "have a life" for the next decade or two? :-)

I, for one, look forward to seeing your design notes, but can't promise
a lot of detailed responses - my own similar lofty design goals require
a lot of my time! Personally, I'm more likely to respond to technical
issues than gameplay issues, but there are lots on this list at the
other end of the interest spectrum, too.

--
Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA