[MUD-Dev] Re: Physics Lesson

Ling K.L.Lo-94 at student.lboro.ac.uk
Sun Jul 12 12:01:52 CEST 1998

On Sat, 11 Jul 1998, Mike Sellers wrote:
> At 03:02 PM 7/11/98 -0700, John Bertoglio wrote:
> >From the Inferno Mud website help file:
> >
> Maybe we need a MUD version of the old "Murphy's Rules" in the Space Gamer.
>  Remember how children were considered "nuisance monsters" in Runequest and
> that you couldn't commit suicide with a pistol in Car Wars because they
> only did 2 pts of damage and your character had 3?  Ah, those were the days.

Haha, I remember those!  In Champions (rpg), a normal human being can
flatten a car in less than 5 minutes.  Diplomats in Civilisation (cg) can
bribe enemy planes without them ever landing.  High level fighters in AD&D
can survive a drop from any height.  A human person can hold his breathe
longer than a superhero in Champions, etc, etc.

Some of these cuties are on the web at:

<URL:http://www.fullfeed.com/~muskrat/Murphys/Murphys.html>

Personally, I don't think you should pick on muds coz the current state of
muds is such a sham, there is be enuff material to fill several epic
tomes.  (then again... hmmm)

_O_O_  Elec Eng Dept, Loughborough University, UK.     kllo at iee.org