[MUD-Dev] LDAP server as ...

Vadim Tkachenko vt at freehold.crocodile.org
Tue Jun 9 21:12:59 CEST 1998

Hello,

Today's flamebite is:

	Using LDAP protocol as a persistent storage for a player object.

I know it was possible to implement LDAP to replace NIS.
How realistic is the usage of LDAP protocol/server to keep the
playerbase?
How fast is it, really?
Would it be wise to use LDAP server to keep the player information,
instead of a database?

Just abstract questions, - just thought about it. Any comments
appreciated, I'll try to get closer to anser those questions myself,
too.

--
Still alive and smile stays on,
Vadim Tkachenko <vt at freehold.crocodile.org>