[MUD-Dev] Re: stuff that makes me leave (was Re: In game bulletin...)

Ben Greear greear at cyberhighway.net
Sun Jun 14 17:33:24 CEST 1998

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Richard Woolcock wrote:

> Sorry if this is getting off-topic.
>
> Dan Shiovitz wrote:
> >

> [snip]
>
> >   Forest's Edge hits the correct mid-point between these really well,
> >   with a guide that'll say "hi, if you're new, here are a few places
> >   to check out", but you can do whatever you want if those don't
> >   strike your fancy.)
>
> I checked it out.  One of my pet hates is diku muds that don't list
> credits - which is what this mud appears to be.  I also found the
> help file extremely lacking - they didn't even have entries for things
> like 'look', 'get', 'drop', 'races' (although there were entries on
> specific races), etc.  The classes were the stock four plus the almost-
> stock paladin, monk and ranger.  The world appeared original, and the
> mud sported a simple introduction system which I like in roleplay muds,
> although the odd:

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that they were pretty
much original.  I remember logging on when they were young, and it was
definately far from stable.

>    <20hp 52e 100mv NESW> consider frog
>    Attacking and suicide are equivalent.
>
> Frogs...snails...worms...surely a starting character shouldn't be THAT
> weak?

That must be one bad assed frog! :)

Ben Greear (greear at cyberhighway.net)  http://www.primenet.com/~greear
Author of ScryMUD:  mud.primenet.com 4444
http://www.primenet.com/~greear/ScryMUD/scry.html